Experience Results-oriented internal audit executive and anti-fraud specialist with 15+ years of global experience assessing, advising, developing and managing internal audit groups, fraud prevention and compliance programs. Proven track record of developing and mentoring special investigation/anti-fraud units for a wide variety of organizations.
A licensed CFE in all 50 states, Ryan is a speaker on fraud, forensic accounting and industry hot topics throughout the United States. Ryan started his career in professional services working in progressive roles for a Top 5 public accounting firm along with several years of internal audit management experience with a nationwide multi-billion dollar retailer.
Specialties Consulting in general business, growth strategies and strategic planning for organizations in the public and private sectors both domestically and abroad; Extensive experience with regulatory compliance, fraud, forensic, internal controls, construction auditing and investigative engagements from start-ups to the world's largest retailers; Cost recovery, business consulting and process improvement initiatives
Education B.S. in accounting and M.B.A. from the University of Wisconsin School System of Colleges
Credentials Ryan has earned the credentials of Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Construction Auditor (CCA) and Construction Control Professional (CCP).
Professional affiliations Association for Corporate Growth (ACG); American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member; Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), member; International Franchise Association (IFA), member
Community involvement Ryan has served on the board of directors for two start-up companies located in Michigan and Minnesota, is an active member of the St. Louis Sports Commission, and is involved in various local civic programs throughout the Midwest.
Family life & hobbies Ryan and his wife have four children, and during his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends, working out, running and golfing.
- January 23, 2014 | Institute of Internal Auditors Washington D.C. Chapter | Construction Auditing Risks & Capital Project Recovery Strategies for 2014 and Beyond
- October 18, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors New York Chapter | Fiscal Cliff 2013 Impact for Internal Auditors - Why Integrating Your Payroll Process with New Hire Tax Credits is Critical
- June, 14, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Atlanta | Construction Auditing Risks & Cost Segregation Strategies for 2013 and Beyond
- April 30 - May 1, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors North Dakota | Fiscal Cliff Impact on Internal Audit Departments
- April 15, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Chicago Annual Seminar | Construction Auditing and Risks as it Relates to the Economy
- December 7, 2012 | New York Chapter of The Institute of Internal Auditors Workshop | Construction Auditing and Risks for 2013 and Beyond - What, Why and How this Will Impact My Organization
- September 11, 2012 | ACUA Annual Conference | Construction Auditing and Risks of Fraud in 2012 and Beyond
- June 19, 2012 | ACFE Fraud Conference & Exhibition | Addressing the Business Risk of Fraud in 2012 and Beyond
- March 13, 2012 | Association of Audit Committee Members, Inc. | Does Your Internal Audit Activity Satisfy Profession Standards for Internal Audit Departments, and Why It Matters?
- March 13, 2012 | Institute of Internal Auditors Central Missouri Chapter | Addressing the Risk of Fraud Within Your Organization?
- February 17, 2012 | Credit Union Internal Auditors' Association | Addressing the Risk of Fraud Within Your Credit Union
- January 13, 2011 | Institute of Internal Auditors | Indianapolis Chapter Seminar | Addressing the Risk of Fraud Within Your Organization
- March 20, 2010 | Institute of Internal Auditors | General Audit Management Conference | Best Practice Principles for Proactively Managing Fraud Risk in Your Organization
- September 21, 2010 | Institute of Internal Auditors | Western Regional Conference | Addressing the Business Risk of Fraud in Today's Environment Within Your Organization