Experience During his career, Matt has significant expertise managing a wide variety of private and public companies in the risk advisory suite of services. This includes various cost recovery engagements for the world's largest organization (Walmart Stores, Inc.), several other Fortune 100 companies, and various colleges and universities throughout the U.S. and Europe.
Matt has a broad range of experience in construction audit across several industries including retail, manufacturing, entertainment, healthcare and transportation. He also has in-depth experience in cost segregation studies, contract compliance and verification, risk analysis/management, variance analysis, SAS70 and SSAE16 reviews, agreed upon procedures reviews, budget and budget variance analysis, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, cost engineering, and contact administration. Matt is a contributor to the College & University Auditor Journal.
Specialties Construction audits, SAS70, SSAE16 reviews, cost recovery reviews
Education & credentials B.S. in finance, St. Louis University, St. Louis, Mo.
Certified Construction Auditor (CCA)
Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA)
Professional affiliations Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
National Association of Construction Auditors (NACA)
Family life & hobbies Matt's wife is Kristine. In his free time, he enjoys fishing, hunting, boating and working on construction projects.
- April 24, 2014 | Williamsburg Fraud Conference | Construction Project Fraud
- April 14, 2014 | IIA Gaming Conference | Construction Auditing Risks and Capital Project Cost Recovery Strategies for 2014 and Beyond
- January 23, 2014 | Institute of Internal Auditors Washington D.C. Chapter | Construction Auditing Risks & Capital Project Recovery Strategies for 2014 and Beyond
- December 3, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Madison Chapter | Capital Project Contract Auditing
- November 14-15, 2013 | HK Alliance Forum | Finding Construction-Related Revenue and Tax Savings for Clients
- October 8, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Memphis Chapter | Construction Audit Services
- September 22-26, 2013 | Association of College & University Auditors Annual Conference | Construction Auditing Risks and Capital Project Cost Recovery Strategies for 2013 and Beyond
- September 16, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Chicago | Construction Audit Services
- August 21, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors NW Chicago | Construction Audit Services & Common Area Maintenance Reviews
- June, 14, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Atlanta | Construction Auditing Risks & Cost Segregation Strategies for 2013 and Beyond
- April 30 - May 1, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors North Dakota Chapter | Construction Audit Services & Cost Segregation Strategies for 2013 and Beyond
- April 15, 2013 | Institute of Internal Auditors Chicago Annual Seminar | Construction Auditing and Risks as it Relates to the Economy
- December 7, 2012 | New York Chapter of The Institute of Internal Auditors Workshop | Construction Auditing and Risks for 2013 and Beyond - What, Why and How this Will Impact My Organization
- September 11, 2012 | ACUA Annual Conference | Construction Auditing and Risks of Fraud in 2012 and Beyond