Shannon is an accomplished internal audit professional with experience working with some of the largest organizations in the world. Prior to joining HK, Shannon was responsible for overseeing the performance of risk-based operational and financial audits in addition to redefining the methodology for performance of internal fraud investigations for a Fortune 100 insurance company.
Since then, Shannon has provided strategic guidance to senior management and audit committees in a consultancy role for over 75 companies in a variety of industries including over a dozen Fortune 100 organizations, several Fortune 25 companies, as well as numerous local and national governmental agencies.
SpecialtiesQuality assessment, internal audit, SSAE 16, construction audit, fraud & forensics, and Sarbanes-Oxley
Education & credentialsB.S. in accountancy, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Ill.
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Certified Government Audit Professional (CGAP)
Certifited Construction Auditor (CCA)
Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
Professional affiliationsNational Association of Construction Auditors (NACA)
St. Louis Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Community involvement Shannon is the budget and finance chair for the St. Louis Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Family life & hobbiesShannon and his wife, Tanya, have a son, Austin, and daughter, Alayna. Shannon's hobbies include spending time with family and friends, basketball and home improvement projects.
- Las Vegas, NV | 2014 | Construction Auditing Risks & Capital Project Cost Recovery within the Gaming Industry
- Norfolk, VA | 2013 | Construction Auditing Risks & Capital Project Cost Recovery
- Chicago, IL | 2013 | Construction Audit Services & Common Area Maintenance Reviews
- Bismarck, ND | 2013 | Quality Assessment Services
- Louisville, KY | 2013 | Quality Assurance & Improvement Program